Today’s fabrics are stretchy, synthetic, and heat sensitive. The Hotronix Power Platen is designed to add heat to the bottom platen, allowing for a decrease in temperature on the top platen, eliminating the press box and scorch marks on heat-sensitive fabrics like polyester or spandex.
This lower heated platen is compatible with 40x50cm Hotronix Auto-Open Clam, MAXX Clam, and Air Fusion heat presses. There are four sizes of power platen available – 15x15cm, 15x50cm, 28x38cm and 40x50cm.
- Applies heat from below, reducing the heat needed from the upper platen, eliminating scorching on heat-sensitive fabrics.
- Eliminates the need to pre-heat garments and promotes a quicker bond between adhesive and fabric, reducing production time.
- Reduced upper platen temperature protects delicate embroidery and appliqué from overheating, helping them retain their full dimension.
- Reduces the risk of dye migration on polyester substrates.
- The platen also has a built-in pillow to conform to any substrate.
- Lower platen temperature: 150°C
- Upper platen temperature: 120°C
The perfect tool for those who decorate sportwear, athleisure and performance wear.