PolyOne’s Specialty Inks group today launched Libra silicone ink, the latest offering within its new Zodiac brand collection of eco-conscious screen printing inks. Zodiac Libra follows Zodiac Aquarius, a water-based ink portfolio launched in January and the first offering within the new collection.
Printing onto performance and athletic garments presents a unique set of functional requirements to ensure ink durability and elasticity. Zodiac Libra silicone ink meets these performance-on-garment requirements for brands that desire a non-PVC formulation.
Tito Echiburu, general manager, PolyOne Specialty Inks, said: “We are continuing to expand the Zodiac line of water-based and silicone eco-conscious inks in response to the needs of our customers. Libra is a result of development specifically aimed at high performance fabrics.”
This Zodiac Libra silicone ink portfolio includes bases, additives, ready-for-use (RFU) colours, toner colours, pigment concentrates, and special effect inks.
- Bases and additives are used to produce soft hand, high stretch or other performance characteristics.
- RFU and toner colours are popular colours in the athletic and performance-wear market.
- Pigment concentrates are available to printers who need to meet specific colour-matching criteria.
- Special-effect reflective, metallic and gel inks may be used in conjunction with other Libra silicone inks to enhance prints and differentiate designs.
- All Zodiac Libra silicone inks are available in the IMS 3.0 colour matching software.