Mutoh Europe has announced release of a new 64in (162cm) wide, high quality eight channel piezo drop-on-demand roll fed dye sublimation inkjet printer, called XpertJet 1682WR. Engineered and designed in Japan, this new dye sub printer model is the successor to Mutoh’s award winning ValueJet 1638WX dye sub printer.
The XpertJet 1682WR printer has been developed for high quality graphics for transfer onto all possible types of polyester coated or polyester based rigids, gadgets and flexible materials. Applications encompass in-store textile displays, personalised interior décor, custom apparel, soft signage, sportswear, customised promotional products, giftware and more.
Featuring a high level of print production efficiency, the XPJ-1682WR accommodates two gold plated piezo variable drop print heads producing stunning results in four, six, seven or eight colour ink setups. The piezo print heads are capable of firing drops from 2.8 pl up to 33.9 pl.
Cleverly designed, the XpertJet 1682WR combines multiple product enhancements which will deliver optimum quality results and an excellent user experience. A newly developed multi-stage pressure roller system will enhance media feed stability for a wide range of sublimation papers. Rolls can be easily installed thanks to a new enhanced roll off system and newly developed media flanges. Continuous printing is made possible with the different motorized take-up systems, for rolls weights up to 30, 40 or 100kg and roll diametres from 150 to 250mm.
The XPJ-1682WR printer also integrates Mutoh’s new Media Tracker technology. With this new feature, the user can print a barcode on the roll of media in use before it is removed from the printer. When reloading the same roll of media, the XPJ-1682WR will read the barcode and will automatically detect how much media is left on the roll.
Available immediately, this dual head high quality dye sublimation printer will fit both start up and established businesses wanting to extend their product portfolio.
The new XpertJet 1682WR model will be sold exclusively through Mutoh’s channel of certified and trained distributors throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Successor to Mutoh’s popular and award winning ValueJet 1638WX.
- Transfer sublimation printing up to 1625mm (63.97in).
- Two gold plated piezo drop on demand heads on board, drop sizes from 2.8 pl to 33.9 pl.
- Typical production speeds between 10sq m/hr and 48sq m/hr.
- Up to eight colour setup.
- New multi-language and intuitive OLED operation panel.
- Easy access illuminated print platform.
- Enhanced media handling and transport.
- Ready for volume printing : 30, 40 or 100kg motorised take up systems.
- Media Tracker feature to easily track remaining media left on a part-used roll.
- Environmentally friendly printing – high level of operator safety.