With less than three weeks to go until the exhibition opens its doors, Make it British Live! has announced its speaker line up.
This year, the programme will explore the future of the industry, tackling the hot topics of ‘fast or slow fashion’ and ‘craftsmanship versus technology’.
Keynote speaker on day one, Hareesh Kallambella, senior production manager at Burberry, will provide insight into ‘the factory of the future is the future of the factory’. Tom Glover, managing director at Peregrine Clothing, will be the keynote speaker on day two, sharing the success story of this great British heritage clothing company. They will be joined on stage by industry heavyweights including: Andy Ogden, director and general manager at English Fine Cottons and Nick Keyte, managing director at Gieves and Hawkes.
Lucy Siegle, environmental journalist and broadcaster, is back for a second year to chair the conference. Her specialism in ecological and ethical lifestyle matters make her the perfect choice to host the panel discussions, which include ‘fast or slow fashion – which does the UK do best?’, with panelists including Julia Redman, head of buying at M&Co and designer, Phoebe English.
Add to that, Brant Richard and Ed Oxley, both founders and directors at HebTroCo, who will be sharing their inspiring story of ‘how to make a million in Brexit Britain’. Along with Paul Alger, director of international affairs at UKFT tackling the issues around export and designer Tori Murphy sharing her experience on ‘how to get noticed by high-end retailers’.
Event sponsors and leading patent and trade mark attorneys, Potter Clarkson, will be taking to the stage to share their expertise on ‘are we facing an uncertain future for intellectual property rights post Brexit?’.
The full list of speakers includes:
Wednesday, May 29
- Hareesh Kallambella, senior product manager, Burberry
- Kate Dawson, owner and director, The All in One Company
- Phoebe English, designer and founder, Phoebe English
- Jenny Holloway, CEO, Fashion Enter
- Julia Redman, head of buying, M&Co
- Mark Randle, founder, Galaxius Systems
- Professor Stephen Russell, director, Future Fashion Factory
- Andy Ogden, director and general manager, English Fine Cottons
- Nick Keyte, managing director, Gieves and Hawkes
- Barbara Burton, executive creative founder, Behind Bras
- Brant Richards, founder and director, HebTroCo
- Ed Oxley, founder and director, HebTroCo
Thursday, May 30
- Tom Glover, managing director, Peregrine Clothing
- Diana Kakkar, founder and garment manufacturer, MAES London
- Adam Robertson, managing director, Kalopsia Collective
- David Williams, managing director, Knit Design Centre & Stoll GB
- Simon Middleton, brand advisor, Simon Middleton Company
- Tori Murphy, designer and founder, Tori Murphy Ltd
- Sarah Talland, trade mark attorney, Potter Clarkson
- Dave Holt, associate, Potter Clarkson
- Paul Alger, director of international affairs, UKFT
All the talks are free and the two-day event also includes a trade show with around 5,000 visitors expected.
Make it British Live! will take place at the Business Design Centre in London on May 29 and 30.