England has entered Step 3 of PM Boris Johnson’s roadmap out of lockdown, which means further relaxation of the lockdown rules.
From today, here are the rule changes:
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Six people or two households can meet indoors with overnight stays allowed.
- Pubs, restaurants, bars and cafes are allowed to serve customers indoors.
- Museums, theatres, cinemas and other indoor leisure activities are allowed to open.
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen.
- Adult indoor group exercise classes can restart.
- Face coverings no longer recommended for pupils in secondary schools.
- Travel abroad to green list countries without having to quarantine on the return.
If COVID-19 cases continue to fall, England will enter Step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown on June 21, when it is hoped that all legal limits on social distancing will be scrapped.
Lockdown restrictions in Scotland and Wales have also lifted today, with restrictions in Northern Ireland expected to ease on Monday, May 24.