Epson has released its first 76-inch large-format printer in its LFP history. The SureColor SC-F10000 is a sophisticated, dye sublimation printer that has been developed for the textile production market; where high productivity, speed and reliability are central to the success of the business.
The numerous applications include: fashion, sportswear, home furnishings, promotional goods and soft signage.
Tom Owers, pro graphics product manager, Epson UK said: “In the dye sublimation sector, customers demand fast turnaround times, consistent performance, high-quality output and reliability. With these requirements in mind, we’ve developed an industrial level dye sublimation printer that, we believe, sets new standards. The SC-F10000 offers the highest throughput of all Epson LFPs and is equipped with four new PrecisionCore Micro TFP printheads and a ‘hot-swap’ bulk ink solution that’s designed to keep businesses running. Our heritage is built on innovation and this is one of those moments in which we’re raising the benchmark for productivity in dye sublimation.”
The features of the SC-F10000 that clearly benefit businesses, include:
- Up to 255sq m/hr high-speed printing.
- New PrecisionCore Micro TFP print heads.
- Epson Precision Dot Technology (blending three dedicated technologies for dye sub: new Halftone, LUT and Micro Weave).
- Easy media setting (media loading lever front and back).
- Auto-adjustment technology including an integrated RGB camera.
- New dryer (less ink transfer to media reverse and wrinkle elimination).
- Advanced Auto Tension Control (Ad-ATC) for accurate and stable media feeding.
- Bulk Ink solution (with 10-litre or three-litre ink boxes supported by ‘hot-swap’ function).
- Operator-replaceable parts.
- Ink system usability (easy mount, ground based, waste bottle sensor).
- Accurate paper-feeding system.
- Shorter pressurised cleaning time.
- 9in LCD highly-intuitive touch panel.
To further improve consistency and reliability, not to mention user peace of mind, Epson manufactures all the components for the SC-F10000, including print heads, ink, firmware and software.
The SC-F10000 will be available from September 2020.