Avient Corporation has launched Zodiac Taurus non-PVC inks, the third offering in the Zodiac brand collection of eco-conscious screen-printing inks.
Zodiac Taurus non-PVC inks can create the sustainable garments that consumers seek, while providing the durability and feel expected by brand owners and printers. At the same time, there are no performance tradeoffs with traditional plastisol ink. Comprised of a combination of bases, additives, pigments, ready-for-use (RFU) colours, and special-effect inks, the Zodiac Taurus family of non-PVC ink solutions also deliver the convenience and printability of traditional plastisol ink systems.
Tito Echiburu, general manager of Avient Specialty Inks, said: “We are thrilled to introduce the next addition to our Zodiac line of eco-conscious inks. The entire range was developed to offer our customers an easy way to convert to non-PVC technology.”
- Bases and bleed barriers.
- Improved durability and elongation.
- Modifiers and additives include thickener, reducer, and matte additives to increase the productivity and improve the finish, and effect additives to achieve textured suede or high density (3D) effect.
- RFU colours a palette of 14 RFU mixing colour inks, including fluorescents and silver and gold metallic.
- Special-effect inks add dimension and dazzling impact to any flat print.
The Zodiac portfolio now includes non-PVC inks, silicone inks, and water-based inks.