- Graphtec FC8600 cutter gets new functionalityPublished: 04 December, 2013
Enhancements to the flagship FC8600 plotter/cutter have been announced by Graphtec GB and available with immediate effect.
They comprise innovative new performance functions on both the machine and the supporting Graphtec Studio software that is supplied free as part of the new offering.
- OKI Europe wins the VISCOM ‘Best of 2013’ Award with its industry-first LED Five-colour A3 printerPublished: 18 November, 2013
OKI Europe has won the prestigious VISCOM ‘Best of 2013’ Award with its LED five colour A3 printer, the ES9541, showcased at the recent VISCOM exhibitions in Paris, Milan and Düsseldorf.
- Prestige Leisure and Henbury staff support Myeloma UKPublished: 05 November, 2013
This summer, distributor Prestige Leisure and Henbury joined forces and went orange to raise money for myeloma patients. Myeloma is a type of cancer arising from plasma cells which are found in the bone marrow.
The support comes after Derrick Aitken from Henbury was diagnosed with myeloma in 2010. Despite his illness he is still battling on, while raising money and awareness to help fight the illness.
- It's up, up and away for Fresh Air Trade!Published: 05 November, 2013
Next year is going to be a very big year for Fresh Air Trade (FAT).
The company is celebrating its 40th year in business and in preparation for the year long celebration, a new hot air balloon has been ordered which will be delivered in early January.
The balloon will have all the new branding and colour of FAT and will carry banners with the 40th year branding.
- Two new blazer styles from Blue Max BannerPublished: 05 November, 2013
Blue Max Banner has unveiled two exciting new additions to its Blazer collection for season 2014.
The E-Warrior (left) is the company's first eco-blazer, made from up to 35 non-biodegradable plastic bottles which would otherwise end up in a landfill.
With its reduced carbon footprint, the E-Warrior is a multi-functional two-button blazer with a back vent and a matt finish available in girls' and boys' versions. Available in navy or black, chest sizes are from 28" to 52" (even sizes only) and will be ready to order from stock from December 20, 2013.
- Exit of Spalding Europe performance range.Published: 21 October, 2013
Fruit of the Loom Ltd (FOTL) has announced its decision to exit its range of Spalding performance apparel in Europe by the end of December 2013, in line with the Company’s global brands strategy. The decision will allow the business to focus on growing and developing its highly successful Russell brand.
The Spalding imprint range will continue to be available through the European distributor network between now and 31st December 2013.
- Blue Max Banner founder announces retirementPublished: 26 September, 2013
Mary Fawcus, founder of the Blue Max Banner group based in Wiltshire, has announced that she is to retire at the age of 72.
Mary, who started Blue Max singlehandedly back in 1987 from an attic room selling sweatshirts to raise funds for the Olympic Equestrian team, has played a pivotal role in building Blue Max Banner over the years into the successful business it is today.
- Caring Listawood hits the headlinesPublished: 28 August, 2013
Norfolk based promotional products manufacturer Listawood has hit the national headlines. Appearing live on Daybreak on Tuesday, August 27, the manufacturer was flagged up as a best practice case for supporting employees with caring responsibilities.
Two members of the Listawood team were interviewed live on Daybreak by Nick Dixon, explaining how they work with their employer to manage their caring responsibilities. Daybreak presenter Helen Fospero described the company as “absolutely extraordinary”.
- Fiscal quarter record announced by GildanPublished: 15 August, 2013
Gildan Activewear Inc has announced its results for its third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2013. Earnings were a record for a fiscal quarter, and were at the top end of the guidance range which the Company had most recently updated on May 2, 2013.
- Are you ready for a Fruit Challenge?Published: 15 August, 2013
It’s time to get creative with Fruit of the Loom’s ‘Fruit Challenge’, a competition for garment decorators to showcase their best work for a chance to win €5,000 for their business and a trip to Morocco.
The 2013 Fruit Challenge asks garment decorators to take the theme of ‘colour’ to create a design on one of the brand’s iconic Valueweight T-Shirts.
- Announcing the winners of this year's P&P Garment Decoration AwardsPublished: 26 February, 2013
The winners of this year's Printwear & Promotion Garment Decoration Awards were announced this week at Printwear & Promotion LIVE in Birmingham.
The show, now in its third day, in Hall 12, at the NEC, is topping last year's visitor numbers, with a 9 per cent increase on day two, compared with the same day last year. First day figures were similarly encouraging - up by 7 per cent on the first day last year.
- Printwear & Promotion LIVE gets off to a flying start in BirminghamAnd there’s two more days to go!Published: 25 February, 2013
Printwear & Promotion LIVE opened on Sunday (February 24th) with a record number of visitors flooding through the doors. The first day attendance of 2000 visitors represented a 7 per cent increase on day one last year.
The show, which runs from Sunday through to Tuesday (February 24-26) in Hall 12 of the NEC, Birmingham, is our biggest and best for many years, with more than 120 stands.
This year’s show is a total brand-fest, with all of the biggest brands in the industry on board, from Gildan, Anvil and American Apparel, to Fruit of the Loom, Hanes and Stedman, Continental Clothing, Regatta Professional, Henbury, Beechfield and the industry’s key distributors all showcasing their latest garments.
- Anvil create digital platform for apparel with Shirt Scan appPublished: 05 January, 2011
Anvil Knitwear, a leading manufacturer of socially and environmentally responsible apparel and accessories, has launched Shirt Scan, an iPhone application that allows retailers, brands and consumers to deliver multimedia content via apparel to their target audiences. Through the use of QR (Quick Response) codes applied directly on the shirt, label or hang tag, Shirt Scan can be customised based on brand, customer, retailer or campaign, delivering a unique consumer experience in the form of articles, photos, and videos.
- Blue Max Banner to slash prices on Champion T shirt rangePublished: 12 July, 2011
For garment decorators who are faced with the prospect of ever increasing price rises, Blue Max Banner has some welcome news. With immediate effect, Blue Max Banner has reduced the price of its Champion T Shirt range by £0.15p against sizes and £0.10p against children’s sizes.
The reduction applies across the whole of the Champion T Shirt range.
- Ten new brands for 2011 from RalawisePublished: 05 January, 2011
Ralawise are introducing 10 new brands for 2011, including B&C Collection, Portwest, Surridge, Just Cool, Rhino, Result Headwear, Ashworth and SDL Trophies.
- A big year for Russell sweatsPublished: 08 November, 2012
Russell, via its Jerzees Schoolgear brand, used The Schoolwear Show in October to showcase its new range of hoodies for 2013, while sportswear brand Spalding introduced the latest member of its One Team range.
- Dickies puts Celtic Speed into top gearPublished: 13 June, 2011
Workwear clothing specialists Williamson-Dickie Europe Limited are sponsoring one of Scotland’s leading motor racing teams – Celtic Speed, which is competing in the 2011 Porsche Carrera Cup GB championship.
‘Dickies’ is supplying the whole team, including drivers and pit crew, with protective clothing and accessories consisting of coveralls, trousers, shirts, waterproofs, body warmers, boots and belts.
- Together we're strongerPublished: 05 January, 2011
Debbie Eales visits the UKL Trade Show to find out what some of the brands and machinery suppliers are up to for 2011.
- Russell schoolwear now sold at HarrodsPublished: 29 August, 2012
Russell is delighted to announce that a selection of garments from its schoolwear range, Jerzees Schoolgear, is now available from Knightsbridge’s most famous store, Harrods.
- Record figures for tailoring specialist SkopesPublished: 13 June, 2011
Leeds-based tailoring specialist, Skopes, has had fantastic results in the first quarter of 2011. After investing in an extra £1.2 million of stock at the end of 2010, sales have increased across the company by 33% in comparison to the same period last year.
There are three core divisions in the business – Corporatewear, Retail and Wholesale, which have all performed well.
- Royal engagement welcomed by promotional merchandise sectorPublished: 22 November, 2010
News of the Royal wedding has been welcomed by industry body Promota. However, chief executive, Annette Scott, is urging caution over the use of photographic images of the Royals.
- Resolute DTG teams up with Chameleon InkPublished: 29 August, 2012
Direct to Garment specialist, Resolute DTG Ltd has joined forces with Chameleon Ink. The alliance not only brings another popular brand of direct to garment ink into the Resolute line, it brings new equipment to the promotional market exclusive to Resolute.
- Choose the web for cost efficiency – GS UKPublished: 09 May, 2011
GS UK have recently enhanced their supplies and consumables website which can be found at www.gs-ukdirect.com. It offers a complete selection of products for both embroidery and print customers.
Gunold embroidery threads and underthreads are available alongside scissors, needles, grid lock frames and a large range of backings and appliqué fabrics.
- New Eco-Uniform is an industry first for David LukePublished: 15 November, 2010
Schoolwear supplier David Luke are doing their bit to save the planet with their new Eco-Uniform school jackets for boys and girls. Hailed as a schoolwear first, the new jackets are made from 100% recycled, non-biodegradable plastic from drinking bottles, which would otherwise go to landfill. Compared to an equal quantity of traditionally manufactured oil-based fabric, the 100% recycled de/repolymerized material used by DavidLuke requires 84% less energy to produce it.
- Regatta announce price freeze until JanuaryPublished: 13 October, 2010
Regatta Professional have announced that their prices will be held until January 2011. The company have recently been through a period of change with a new logo and the introduction of the new technical and innovative X-Pro jacket range, their Workwear collection and a comprehensive offer of bags.
- Hanesbrands Europe becomes Smartwares PrintablesEuropean company for high-grade printable T shirts operates under new namePublished: 05 July, 2012
Hanesbrands Europe GmbH, a leading European company for printable corporate clothing, is now operating under the new name Smartwares Printables GmbH. The British company, Hanesbrands UK Ltd, will bear the name Smartwares Printables Ltd. The change of name follows in accordance with the recent acquisition by Smartwares Holding.
- Prestigious business award for RegattaPublished: 10 May, 2012
Clothing brand Regatta has been awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2012. This is one of the UK’s most prestigious accolades for performance in business in the UK and overseas.
- AWDis Flash Mob dancers surprise P&P show visitors!Published: 29 March, 2012
The AWDis team played a blinder with their Flash Mob of dancers who leapt into action and took visitors by surprise as they made suddenly broke into dance routines in the Printwear & Promotion LIVE aisles at Birmingham's NEC.
As well as being showcased on the Printwear & Promotion Live catwalk, the AWDis brands of Just Hoods, Just Cool and Just Sub enjoyed some extra attention and admiring glances courtesy of the impromptu performances by the Red Ice Promotions dance team.
Both of the AWDis stands were a big hit with visitors providing a rainbow of colour at the entrance to Hall 12.
- Dickies now make personalisation easyPublished: 15 November, 2010
- Beechfield sponsors golf pro Tom JonesPublished: 15 September, 2010
Beechfield, the promotional headwear brand, is now sponsoring up and coming golf professional, Tom Jones and as part of the deal, the 20 year-old will sport a variety of the brand’s logoed headgear at tournaments and practice days.
- Embroidery with a difference from Evolve BrandingPublished: 25 June, 2012
Stunning raised effect embroidery is now another garment decorating service available from Evolve Branding. This new process gives a richer, bolder almost 3D look that is particularly suitable for simpler designs and logos with strong definition, which due to the preparation and amount of stitching involved is best used on heavier based garments such as jackets and body warmers, as well as baseball caps and bags. It is not recommended for T shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies etc.
- Headwear specialist Beechfield has a head for heightsPublished: 24 January, 2012
Beechfield is sponsoring a gruelling fundraising trip to Mount Everest that could see the brand’s B181 Coolmax Sports Cap occupying the highest point on earth.
To celebrate the St. James's Place Wealth Management Group’s 20th year in business, the company’s charitable arm – St. James's Place Foundation – is aiming to raise £500,000 through a sponsored 120-mile trek to Everest Base Camp, (following the route taken by Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing in 1953), and a subsequent attempt on the summit. The money raised will be used to fund a multitude of projects that help children with special needs, and hospices.
- Business as usual at Roland in JapanPublished: 12 April, 2011
Roland DG (UK) has confirmed that its facilities in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, are unaffected by the effects of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami on March 11. Production, design and administrative offices at the company’s international headquarters are all working as normal, and no disruption is anticipated to manufacturing or delivery schedules.
- Sector brochures create sales opportunitiesPublished: 29 March, 2011
Six new sector brochures are now available from distributor, Ralawise, each designed to appeal to specific target markets and create new business opportunities for customers.
Sectors covered are: management and hospitality, professional trades and workwear, sports and teamwear, essential schoolwear, outerwear clothing and a collection dedicated to the youth and higher education markets.
The ‘Best Collection’ brochure includes a choice of garments and the most popular sellers from all sections of the main catalogue.
For more information call 0800 212 180 or email email@example.com
- Blue Max website revamp in the pipelinePublished: 29 March, 2011
A major upgrade of the Blue Max Banner website is being planned for September. In response to customer demand, a new online ordering facility was added to the website last year. But the development plans are much more ambitious. The upgrade will integrate the Blue Max and Banner portfolios, as well as the Fashion division.
- Trutex to manufacture in the UK for the first time in a decadePublished: 17 April, 2013
Trutex Limited, one of the best known and long-established brands in the school uniform market, has acquired John Hall Schoolwear, a UK based specialist school uniform manufacturing business located in Rochdale, Lancashire.
- Listawood appoints European sales directorPublished: 17 April, 2013
Promotional products manufacturer, Listawood, has appointed Graham Winter as European sales director. Formerly managing director at PF Concept UK, Graham brings over 25 years of industry experience to his new role.
- New year brings key changes at BTC activewearPublished: 09 January, 2013
BTC activewear's joint managing directors, Glenn Hyams and Charles Grose, have stepped down after many years helping to build the successful multi brand distribution business.
- Blue Max Banner snaps up Snowgoose brandPublished: 13 August, 2012
Printwear supplier, Blue Max Banner, has agreed to buy the trademarks and business of the Snowgoose brand from Rowlinson Knitwear with effect from September 20, 2012.
- New owner of Hanesbrands Europe and Hanesbrands UKSmartwares acquires all shares in the well-known high-grade promotional textiles supplierPublished: 30 May, 2012
Aachen-based Hanesbrands Europe GmbH, one of the leading companies in Europe for printable corporate clothing, together with its related company Hanesbrands UK Ltd, were taken over on May 29, 2012. The 100% subsidiaries of the US Hanesbrands Inc. corporate group have been sold to the Dutch consumer goods group Smartwares Holding. The new owner will continue to operate and expand Hanesbrands Europe GmbH and Hanesbrands UK Ltd, as an independent group. All staff members are to be retained and the company HQ will remain in Aachen, Germany.
- Gildan secures deal to buy Anvil HoldingsPublished: 10 May, 2012
Gildan Activewear Inc has agreed to acquire 100% of the common shares of Anvil Holdings for a total purchase price of approximately $88 million. The acquisition will be financed by utilization of Gildan’s bank credit facility. Gildan will not assume any of Anvil’s currently outstanding indebtedness.
- Crazy:Bags and Halfar strike strategic alliancePublished: 10 May, 2012
UK leading trade-only promotional bag supplier Crazy:Bags has struck a unique alliance with global promotional bag manufacturer and specialist, Halfar. Since May 1, UK distributors now have unlimited access to the full range of Halfar products whilst working with a trusted and established UK based brand.
- MHM Direct now a UK dealer for Brother Digital Garment PrintersPublished: 12 April, 2012
MHM Direct GB are now an official UK dealer for Brother Digital Garment Printers and are offering the full range, including the all new GT-3 Series. This new series has been designed following five years of feedback from garment printers all over the world.
- QC function expanded at Blue Max BannerPublished: 12 April, 2012
Blue Max Banner has announced the expansion of its Quality Control department at the head office in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. The new department increased from one member of staff to a team of three from March. The dedicated full-time personnel will report to Chris Whitby, commercial director.
- TheMagicTouch helps Lord Sugar's 'apprentices'Published: 12 April, 2012TheMagicTouch were recently spotted assisting the candidates for the new series of The Apprentice on BBC1.It was, in fact, second time that Lord Sugar requested the products and services of the Dunstable based company. Back in series five, they helped the teams successfully produce David Beckham (look-a-like) T shirts and mugs.In the first programme of the new series, the teams were set the challenge of starting their own print businesses. They had to buy £500 worth of blank materials, from mugs to mouse mats, create designs to print on to them and then sell their unique products to the public.The decision of what products to choose and which customers to target was theirs and the winners were the team who made the most profit.The two teams had to print selected products using both traditional screen printing as well as TheMagicTouch digital image transfer process, then sell the decorated items to the public on the streets of London.Apart from a few issues with some "red ink", both teams mastered the processes resulting in the boys winning and producing a superb £650 profit for the day.Jim Nicol, Managing Director told us: "Getting involved again with The Apprentice was great fun and again highlighted that even after only one hour of training, novices can produce a host of products both easily and profitably.“Features like these only assist the market in helping to increase the awareness and simplicity of personalisation.”Should the programme be nominated again for a BAFTA in 2012, Lord Sugar has reserved some spaces at his table for staff from TheMagicTouch.
- Anvil Knitwear cuts water usePublished: 24 January, 2012Anvil Knitwear has achieved a double-digit drop in the amount of water used to produce its T shirts, according to its 2011 CSR progress report, but emissions have risen as production and product ranges have expanded.Its latest update shows the American company reduced its water, steam and electricity usage per pound of finished T shirt fabric in fiscal 2010, and cut landfill waste by 25%.Anvil's textile facility also used 10% less production water – equivalent to saving around 60m gallons – as a result of changes made in dye/bleach recipes and reuse of cooling water. The company has set the goal of reducing water per unit produced by 20% by 2020.
- Customers can ‘create and pay’ with new DecoKiosk facilityPublished: 24 January, 2012
A new product has been added for 2012 under the DecoNetwork product umbrella. The DecoKiosk allows custom decorator to open a physical store virtually anywhere. Run on DecoNetwork as a platform, the DecoKiosk utilises DecoNetwork’s interactive Online Designer as well a powerful back-end allowing DecoNetwork users to centrally manage their products, payments and shipping instantly.
- Stocks partners EDS to offer Wilcom product trainingPublished: 24 January, 2012
Stocks Sewing Machines have opened an Embroidery Academy in partnership with Embroidery Design Solutions, offering training on Wilcom products and embroidery techniques. Stocks are one of the largest UK independent suppliers of Industrial and commercial embroidery equipment. They are sole UK and Ireland agents for ZSK industrial embroidery machines for the UK and Ireland, and also supply the Brother PR range.
- New website for The Co-operative ClothingPublished: 15 September, 2011
The Co-operative Clothing has announced its arrival as an online retailer with a new website.
- Roland brings customers together on new forumPublished: 15 September, 2011
Roland DG (UK) has launched a new online forum, www.rolandforum.co.uk. It has been designed as a meeting place to post questions, share ideas and exchange information. It is intended to appeal most to Roland customers, dealers and partners, but is open to all to browse, register and post.
- Announcing Printwear & Promotion LIVE 2014
- Resolute DTG breaks the mould with the launch o...
- Printwear & Promotion LIVE 2014 on course for a...
- The Lowest cost automatic placement rhinestone...
- A new cross-dyed Gildan Heavy Blend Fleece
- OKI Europe wins the VISCOM ‘Best of 2013’ Award...
- New catalogue from James & Nicholson highlights...
- Caring Listawood hits the headlines
- Resolute DTG roll out the new Resolute Rip.
- Roland announce January VersaUV LEF-20 Boot Cam...