A longer lasting glow in the dark thread has been launched at Printwear & Promotion LIVE! by Madeira UK.
Speaking on the stand, industrial sales manager, Michael Cornish told us: "It’s not the first time that there has been a glow in the dark thread available, but the new technology means that this will glow a lot longer."
The thread is "charged" on exposure to light. Says Cornish: "The length of time you charge it, will determine how long it glows. It has not been devised as a safety thing; it’s designed more in terms of enhancing a design on a garment, which will get noticed."
Cornish says that the new thread, called Luna, could have applications in a number of environments, for example, on workwear in nightclubs.
"There are other possible areas," he adds. "It could be used to enhance designs on bedlinen. I have got some very forward looking customers who can see the potential of this."
The cost of Luna means that you would not want to use it as an infill thread or for a whole design.
"But you would use it to enhance a design," adds Cornish.
He suggests using the thread as an outline to a design in fluorescen thread.
"If you put this around the rest of the design it will sparkle up even more," suggest Cornish.
Luna comes in off white, and it has a greenish glow in the dark. A 500m cone will sell for £7.20.
Thanks to its composition, Luna is soft and kind to the skin and it can be used as a 40 weight thread.
Other suggested uses include Halloween and carnival wear, outdoor and children’s wear. It is washing resistant and works with all embroidery designs.
For more information visit www.madeira.co.uk
- New exhibitors at Printwear & Promotion LIVE 2014
- P&P LIVE visitor wins special edition R-Jet 5 D...
- Resolute’s R-Jet i3 DTG printer is moving the g...
- Resolute DTG busiest Printwear and Promotion yet
- Resolute DTG breaks the mould with the launch o...
- What can Digital Transfer Production do for you?
- JASSZ – 1 name, 3 great ranges of aprons, bags...
- Machinery launches make a visit to Printwear &...
- Introducing the revolutionary new GOCCOPRO QS20...
- Websites for Garment Decorators